- 2014 NBA Playoffs Briefing
- 2014 American League West Preview: Moneyball Reloaded
- 2014 National League West Preview: In Blue We Trust
- NBA Second Half: Things to Watch For
- Soccer News: Real Madrid Makes Copa Del Rey History
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao Likely to Face Timothy Bradley In A Rematch
- UCLA vs. USC Recap: Bruins Blow Out Trojans
- UCLA News: Dwight Williams Commits At All American Bowl Game
- Soccer News: Xabi Alonso renews contract
- Hyun-Jin Ryu Releases his Second Single– Seriously
Clippers News: Chris Paul Draws Level With Magic Johnson
- Updated: November 19, 2013
Chris Paul has had a tremendous start to the 2013-14 NBA season. He continued this despite the Los Angeles Clippers falling to the Memphis Grizzlies 106-102, putting up a stat line of 18 points, 9 rebounds and 11 assists, narrowly missing out on his first triple double of the season.
However, CP3 did manage to keep up his streak of at least 10 points and 10 assists, equaling Magic Johnson‘s streak of 11 games in a row with a double-double with assists, an incredible feat. Paul is not just maintaining his place as the best point guard in the league, he is propelling up the all-time list as well.
What makes this streak more incredible is that Paul has been unable to get his jump shot to fall, and yet he is still able to dominate games. This highlights his incredible skills and poise. Watching this man dominate in the same building must leave Los Angeles Lakers fans fuming over David Stern’s so called “basketball reasons.”
Paul will attempt to bypass Johnson in the record books on Wednesday against a tough Minnesota Timberwolves team. Even if he doesn’t manage to achieve this (my money will be on him doing it), it would be tough to dispute Paul as one of the best point guards we have ever seen. However, to be truly considered as one of the best, he will need to add a Larry O’Brien trophy to that resume.
Latest posts by Craig Freeman (see all)
- Clippers Highlights: DeAndre Jordan Wedges Attempted Alley-Oop Dunk - December 11, 2013
- Lakers Highlights: Nick Young Flashy Assist - December 10, 2013
- Lakers Highlights: Kobe Bryant Slam Dunk - December 10, 2013