“I think the Rockets will come out and play in the Finals and I think the Rockets will win the championship,” Van Gundy said.
His opinion comes thanks to the addition of Dwight Howard under center for the Rockets as well as the increased role of Patrick Beverley, who is expected to start over Jeremy Lin in the Rockets’ home opener Wednesday night against the Charlotte Bobcats.
“I really like Houston’s make up.”
“They have to make steps defensively. Howard will help with that. I love Beverley … He’ll set a great tone on the ball. If you can defend the basket and the ball you have a great, great chance.”
Vegas Insider has the Rockets as 12:1 favorites to win the championship, trailing five teams:
- Miami Heat – 13:5
- Oklahoma City Thunder – 7:1
- Los Angeles Clippers – 8:1
- Chicago Bulls – 10:1
- San Antonio Spurs – 10:1
Latest posts by Jonathan Garza (see all)
- Clippers 112, Suns 105 — Recap: 8 Wins In A Row For Los Angeles - March 12, 2014
- Lakers News: Steve Nash Out Until After All-Star Break - February 12, 2014
- Lakers News: Guard Steve Nash To Play Tuesday Against Jazz - February 11, 2014