- 2014 NBA Playoffs Briefing
- 2014 American League West Preview: Moneyball Reloaded
- 2014 National League West Preview: In Blue We Trust
- NBA Second Half: Things to Watch For
- Soccer News: Real Madrid Makes Copa Del Rey History
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao Likely to Face Timothy Bradley In A Rematch
- UCLA vs. USC Recap: Bruins Blow Out Trojans
- UCLA News: Dwight Williams Commits At All American Bowl Game
- Soccer News: Xabi Alonso renews contract
- Hyun-Jin Ryu Releases his Second Single– Seriously
Lakers Rumors: A Pau Gasol For Zach Randolph Trade With Grizzlies?
- Updated: November 12, 2013
An excerpt from his article which suggests that the Lakers take Zach Randolph back in return:
“Trading for Pau actually saves them money in the long run. And as Memphis has made no secret their future core is to build around Marc Gasol and Mike Conley, a return could invigorate Pau and put him as a second or third option where he is more comfortable. And out of the pressure of L.A.
Randolph, meanwhile, would be a strong piece for Kobe Bryant as he’s younger and more productive than Pau. And better for the Lakers to save the money for future free agent classes, which will be better than this summer’s.”
But Smith is forgetting about Randolph’s $16.93 million player option for 2014-15. Meanwhile Pau becomes a free agent in July.
The likelihood of this happening? Slim to none.
Pau is more likely to end up in Memphis through free agency.
Latest posts by Jonathan Garza (see all)
- Clippers 112, Suns 105 — Recap: 8 Wins In A Row For Los Angeles - March 12, 2014
- Lakers News: Steve Nash Out Until After All-Star Break - February 12, 2014
- Lakers News: Guard Steve Nash To Play Tuesday Against Jazz - February 11, 2014