- Lakers Highlights: Nick Young Flashy Assist
- Lakers Highlights: Kobe Bryant Slam Dunk
- VIDEO: Foot Locker Commercial Featuring Clippers’ Chris Paul’s Son Lil’ Chris
- News: Angels Get Tyler Skaggs, Hector Santiago, Trade Mark Trumbo To Diamondbacks
- Clippers Highlights: Chris Paul to DeAndre Jordan Alley-Oop
- Clippers News: DeAndre Jordan to Play Tonight Against 76ers
- Clippers Rumors: Team to Finalize Jackson Signing
- Ravens News: In Joe Flacco, Baltimore Trusts Toward a Playoff Run
- Rumors: Clippers Looking to Sign Stephen Jackson?
- Rumors: Justin Turner Fits In On The Dodgers’ Bench
Magic Johnson Leaving ESPN Because of Bill Simmons?
- Updated: October 10, 2013
UPDATE – 2:24 p.m.: John Koblin of Deadspin reports that it’s Bill Simmons’ expanding role within the ESPN NBA Countdown program that is leading to Johnson’s departure.
Simmons would respond to the allegations on Twitter:
My first experience today with someone writing a "sources" report about me that's not true. Part amusing, part horrifying.
— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) October 10, 2013
Later he would retweet ESPN’s J.A. Adande, who posted this tweet:
— J.A. Adande (@jadande) October 10, 2013
So to summarize, they feel as if the show will now belong to Simmons and he doesn’t feel that way.
Magic Johnson announced Thursday that he will be leaving ESPN, stepping down from his role as an NBA analyst because of other commitments, including Dodgers ownership.
He joined the network in 2008, appearing on ESPN and ABC as a studio and game analyst.
Johnson then joined Guggenheim Partners, a group that together bought the Dodgers in 2012. He has also invested in movie theaters, a production company and several restaurants.
ESPN had announced the hiring of Doug Collins earlier this week as an analyst and had expected him to work alongside Johnson.
His Dodgers are preparing to compete for a spot in the World Series beginning Friday night.
Latest posts by Jonathan Garza (see all)
- VIDEO: Foot Locker Commercial Featuring Clippers’ Chris Paul’s Son Lil’ Chris - December 10, 2013
- News: Angels Get Tyler Skaggs, Hector Santiago, Trade Mark Trumbo To Diamondbacks - December 10, 2013
- Clippers News: Doc Rivers Upset About Team’s ‘Pouting’ - December 7, 2013