- 2014 NBA Playoffs Briefing
- 2014 American League West Preview: Moneyball Reloaded
- 2014 National League West Preview: In Blue We Trust
- NBA Second Half: Things to Watch For
- Soccer News: Real Madrid Makes Copa Del Rey History
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao Likely to Face Timothy Bradley In A Rematch
- UCLA vs. USC Recap: Bruins Blow Out Trojans
- UCLA News: Dwight Williams Commits At All American Bowl Game
- Soccer News: Xabi Alonso renews contract
- Hyun-Jin Ryu Releases his Second Single– Seriously
Rumors: ’90% Chance’ Lamar Odom Signs With Clippers Over Lakers
- Updated: November 20, 2013
Former Sixth Man of the Year Lamar Odom is rumored to be attempting a return to the NBA. The versatile big is able to fit into any team, as long as he is physically and mentally healthy.
Earlier this month, there were reports circulating that Odom had met with Los Angeles Clippers management. These meetings appear to have gone well. According to Jared Zwerling of Bleacher Report, Odom is extremely likely to sign with the Clippers:
Source close to Lamar Odom: He’s doing well & wants to stay in LA. 90% chance he signs w/ LAC; no timetable yet. No other teams in the mix.
— Jared Zwerling (@JaredZwerling) November 18, 2013
The Clippers are desperate for another big man to ease the strain on Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. If Odom is anywhere close to healthy, he will be much more useful than current back up bigs, Byron Mullins and Ryan Hollins.
However, Lamar’s last two seasons in the league have been lackluster to say say the least. He was only able to average 4 points and 6 rebounds per game last year, and has shot below 40% from the field since being traded from the Lakers. If the Clippers sign him, and it looks likely that they will, the team will be hoping for consistent defense and the all round versatility the Odom has been renowned for.
Latest posts by Craig Freeman (see all)
- Clippers Highlights: DeAndre Jordan Wedges Attempted Alley-Oop Dunk - December 11, 2013
- Lakers Highlights: Nick Young Flashy Assist - December 10, 2013
- Lakers Highlights: Kobe Bryant Slam Dunk - December 10, 2013